- Iron County - east
- Price County - southeast
- Sawyer County - southwest
- Bayfield County - northwest
- Lake County, Minnesota – northwest (water boundary only, in Lake Superior)
- Cook County, Minnesota – north (water boundary only, in Lake Superior)
- Ontonagon County, Michigan – northeast (water boundary only, in Lake Superior)
- Gogebic County, Michigan – northeast (water boundary only, in Lake Superior)
Directions: To obtain a copy of any of the cemeteries listed, please follow the steps below. Please make checks payable to "WSGS".
- Enclose $2.00 US for postage and $0.50 per page.
- Include the county and exact name of each cemetery you wish to order copies of.
- Include your email address in case we have a question about your order.
- Mail your request to: WSGS Inscriptions, P. O. Box 5106, Madison, WI 53705-0106.
||Location or Township
||Total Number of Pages
Ashland County GenWeb
Limited in its scope of raw material, but one must look back every so often to see what has been added or changed.
Area Research Center
History Center and Archives, Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center, 29270 Co. Hwy G, Ashland, WI 54806-9339
This ARC is home to the archival holdings for NW Wisconsin Counties.
Ashland County Government
The Register of Deeds and Register of Probate can both be accessed from these pages.
Ashland City Historical Society & Museum
509 West Main Street, Ashland, WI 54806
Resources include Ashland City directories back to 1888 (which are being digitized), yearbooks from Ashland City schools, Sanborn fire maps and miscellaneous books on the history of the area
$10 per hour research fee (members can research for free if they work a trade off with the museum as a volunteer.)
Phone (Sharon Manthei, Archvist) 715-682-4911 or Betty Preston for genealogical questions at 715-682-5367.
Ashland County Libraries