Why Become a WSGS Affiliate Member?
Affiliate membership in the Wisconsin State Genealogical Society is open to all Wisconsin-based genealogical and historical societies. Affiliate members receive:
- A resource to target individuals who are passionate about genealogy! Affiliate members have access to WSGS's communication network for promoting your organization, meetings, programs/courses, and products, including:
- Posting of events/programs on the WSGS website and in the quarterly newsletters;
- Redirect link on the WSGS website to your website, with a contact list for your organization;
- Inclusion in the syllabus of the semi-annual genealogy conferences (i.e., Spring Gene-A-RamaTM and Fall Seminar), plus, member rate for one individual of your organization to attend each conference;
- Opportunity for vendor participation in the semi-annual conferences: Vendor table for selling memberships, publications and/or products, or access to an affiliate table to display your literature/handouts;
- Free quarter-page ad within the WSGS newsletter to advertise your events, publications, products and/or services.
- Assistance/programs to help improve your organization:
- Bi-annual Society Leader Workshops with reduced registration rates for officers of affiliate organizations;
- Society Assistance page on WSGS website with dozens of helpful links for running your society;
- Mentoring relationships.
- WSGS Newsletter: Affiliates receive a print copy of the award-winning newsletter four times per year.
- District representative provides you with a direct link to the WSGS Board;
- Voice and vote at all WSGS meetings (one vote per affiliate).
Annual Investment: $30.00 (January through December)