WSGS 2017 Fall Seminar
Successful Genealogical Research:
Update Your Toolbox
Best Western Plus, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
on October 27th
October 2017 Webinar
The Aliens Are Coming: USCIS Record Sets
- Presenter: Rich Venezia
- Date: Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Time: 7:00 PM CST
- Webinar Description: A-Files? AR-2 Forms? C-Files? Oh my! Wade through the alphabet soup of the record sets the US Citizenship & Immigration Services holds to find where your immigrant ancestor may be hiding. In addition to handling current immigration into the USA, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) holds indispensable genealogical records for anyone with post-1906 immigrant ancestors. This lecture explores a bit about how USCIS came to be, but more importantly, the valuable records it holds. Participants will learn who is likely to show up in which USCIS file set, how the index searching and ordering process works, and see examples of each record set held by USCIS. The files that will be discussed are:
• A-Files (Alien Files) (including which files are held at HARA and which are held by USCIS)
• AR-2s (Alien Registration Forms)
• C-Files (Naturalization Certificate Files)
• Registry Files
• Visa Files
- Register at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8892342449943476993
After registering, you will receive an email with information and a link to join us the night of the webinar. Please remember that this is a first-come, first-served webinar, and that there are a limited number of spots to view the webinar live. Registering does not hold a spot for you. Those that log in first will be admitted to the webinar.
2018 Call for Webinar Proposals
The Wisconsin State Genealogical Society invites proposals for our 2018 series of genealogy webinars!
Have you checked out the WSGS Store?
Items Make Great Gifts for Your Genealogy Friends and Yourself!
Order your copy today!
You also can support WSGS by checking out Support WSGS in the tabs on the left hand side of the website.
Find Us on Facebook Too!
GoodSearch and GoodShop with WSGS
Did you know that you can help raise money for WSGS by simply searching and shopping online through our GoodSearch and GoodShop interface? See the GoodSearch
page for more details!
Donate to WSGS!
You can donate any amount to the Wisconsin State Genealogical Society through the Donate button below. If you'd like to specify what your donation should be spent on, please indicate that in the "Add Special Instructions to the Vendor" box. THANK YOU!!