Announcing the DNA Boot Camp!
WSGS is proud to announce a new series of webinars now available to members on our website, the
DNA Boot Camp Webinar Series
Mary Eberle and Thomas MacEntee
The DNA Boot Camp is a series of 12 webinars giving a basic introduction to genetic genealogy, discussing some of the most popular websites currently being used, and how to use DNA as evidence in your research. The webinars include:
• Introduction to Using DNA for Genealogy Research
• Using Autosomal DNA for Genealogy Research
• GEDMatch — Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches
• Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence — A Case Study
• Using X-DNA for Genealogical Research
• X-DNA Case Studies
• Interpreting Your AncestryDNA Results
• AncestryDNA Hands-On Exercises
• Intepreting Your FamilyTreeDNA Results
• Interpreting Your 23andMe Results
• Researching Difficult DNA Matches
• Understanding Ethnicity Estimates
To access the DNA Boot Camp, log into your WSGS member account and a link will be available under the Webinars tab.
We hope you enjoy this new membership benefit!
November 2019 Webinar
Steamers, Tugs and Schooners: Shipping and Commerce on the Great Lakes
- Presenter: Cari Taplin, CG
- Date: Tuesday, November 19, 2019
- Time: 7:00 PM CST
- Webinar Description: The Great Lakes waterways were instrumental in the growth of the region, for both Canada and the United States. The history of shipping in the region parallels the population expansion and settlement of the Great Lakes. This class will examine the major shipping routes and ports on the Great Lakes, including information on passenger lists, shipwrecks, military defense, and population expansion. There will also be a discussion of major businesses that boomed in the area especially those that depended on shipping for transportation of goods.
- Register at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3492529811654771459
After registering, you will receive an email with information and a link to join us the night of the webinar and handout information. Please remember that this is a first come first served webinar. Registering does not hold a spot for you. Those that log in first will be admitted to the webinar. If you have problems connecting to the software, be sure to check that your browser software is running the most current version available.
Have you checked out the WSGS Store?
Our Products Make Great Gifts for Your Genealogy Friends and Yourself!
Visit our online store today for these and more WSGS products!
You also can help the Society out by checking out the Support WSGS page!
Find Us on Facebook Too!
GoodShop with WSGS
Did you know that you can help raise money for WSGS by simply searching and shopping online through our GoodShop interface? See the GoodShop
page for more details!