Membership Rates are Increasing in 2022
WSGS individual and family membership categories will be seeing a
$5 per year increase beginning January 1, 2022.
Renew now for up to two years to get the current rates!
December 2021 Webinar
The 1950 U.S. Federal Census: Are You Ready?
- Presenter: Thomas MacEntee
- Date: Tuesday, December 21, 2021
- Time: 7:00 PM Central
- Webinar Description: Many genealogists remember the amount of excitement in April, 2012 around the release of the 1940 U.S. Census. Following the “72 Year Rule” for records at the National Archives, the results of the 1950 U.S. Census will be made public on Friday, April 1, 2022. It’s never too early to prepare for this valuable data related to U.S. genealogy research! Participants will get up to speed on the history of the 1950 U.S. Census, why the 1950 U.S. Census form is radically different than previous forms, and how the data will be accessed. In addition, we’ll cover what you can do NOW to prepare for the release of the 1950 U.S. Census as well as volunteer projects related to indexing and finding aids. Finally, we’ll cover how you can always get the latest information related to the release of the 1950 U.S. Census data!
- Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7877661475352706319
The 2022 WSGS Webinar Series is Coming Soon!
DNA Boot Camp
WSGS is proud to present a series of webinars available to members on our website, the
DNA Boot Camp Webinar Series
Mary Eberle and Thomas MacEntee
The DNA Boot Camp is a series of 12 webinars giving a basic introduction to genetic genealogy, discussing some of the most popular websites currently being used, and how to use DNA as evidence in your research. The webinars include:
• Introduction to Using DNA for Genealogy Research
• Using Autosomal DNA for Genealogy Research
• GEDMatch — Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches
• Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence — A Case Study
• Using X-DNA for Genealogical Research
• X-DNA Case Studies
• Interpreting Your AncestryDNA Results
• AncestryDNA Hands-On Exercises
• Intepreting Your FamilyTreeDNA Results
• Interpreting Your 23andMe Results
• Researching Difficult DNA Matches
• Understanding Ethnicity Estimates
To access the DNA Boot Camp, log into your WSGS member account and a link will be available under the Webinars tab.
We hope you enjoy this membership benefit!
Have you checked out the WSGS Store?
Our Products Make Great Gifts for Your Genealogy Friends and Yourself!
Visit our online store today for these and more WSGS products!
You also can help the Society out by checking out the Support WSGS page!
Find Us on Facebook!
GoodShop with WSGS
Did you know that you can help raise money for WSGS by simply searching and shopping online through our GoodShop interface? See the GoodShop
page for more details!
PO Box 5106
Madison, WI 53705-0106