December 2019 Webinar
Genealogy Pit Stop: Research in 15 Minute Increments
- Presenter: Thomas MacEntee
- Date: Tuesday, December 17, 2019
- Time: 7:00 PM CST
- Webinar Description: You have 15 minutes before you need to _____ (pick up the grandchildren / wash the dog / make dinner ...). Is it really possible to do meaningful genealogy research in that short time period? Are you putting off researching an ancestor because you believe you need a two or three hour block of time? Learn how to use the Genealogy Pit Stop concept to succeed in the research race!
Participants will learn what race car driving teams already know: you can accomplish important, detail-oriented work in a short amount of time. You'll learn how to leverage to-do lists, research logs, tracking systems, clue gathering tricks and more to actually do genealogy research every day! No more saving that research for when you have a large block of time.
After registering, you will receive an email with information and a link to join us the night of the webinar and handout information. Please remember that this is a first come first served webinar. Registering does not hold a spot for you. Those that log in first will be admitted to the webinar. If you have problems connecting to the software, be sure to check that your browser software is running the most current version available.
Announcing the DNA Boot Camp!
WSGS is proud to announce a new series of webinars now available to members on our website, the
DNA Boot Camp Webinar Series
Mary Eberle and Thomas MacEntee
The DNA Boot Camp is a series of 12 webinars giving a basic introduction to genetic genealogy, discussing some of the most popular websites currently being used, and how to use DNA as evidence in your research. The webinars include:
• Introduction to Using DNA for Genealogy Research
• Using Autosomal DNA for Genealogy Research
• GEDMatch — Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches
• Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence — A Case Study
• Using X-DNA for Genealogical Research
• X-DNA Case Studies
• Interpreting Your AncestryDNA Results
• AncestryDNA Hands-On Exercises
• Intepreting Your FamilyTreeDNA Results
• Interpreting Your 23andMe Results
• Researching Difficult DNA Matches
• Understanding Ethnicity Estimates
To access the DNA Boot Camp, log into your WSGS member account and a link will be available under the Webinars tab.
We hope you enjoy this new membership benefit!
Looking for that perfect gift for the genealogist
in your family?
Check out the
for Books and More!
Have you checked out the WSGS Store?
Our Products Make Great Gifts for Your Genealogy Friends and Yourself!
Visit our online store today for these and more WSGS products!
You also can help the Society out by checking out the Support WSGS page!
Find Us on Facebook and Twitter Too!
GoodShop with WSGS
Did you know that you can help raise money for WSGS by simply searching and shopping online through our GoodShop interface? See the GoodShop
page for more details!