Investigating Your Roots
Becoming a Genealogy Super Sleuth!
April 3-4, 2020
Holiday Inn, Manitowoc
The Genealogy Guys
George G. Morgan
and Drew Smith
More information coming soon!
January 2020 Webinar
"Deed" You Hear About These Underutilized Records?
- Presenter: Amie Bowser Tennant
- Date: Tuesday, January 21, 2020
- Time: 7:00 PM Central
- Webinar Description: Deeds are just one of many underutilized record sets genealogists need to use. Warranty and quit-claim deeds hold vital information that will lead you to great discoveries in your family tree. We will also discuss estate packets, guardianship records, civil case files, and more. After the lecture, you will feel more comfortable about making that trip to the courthouse you've been needing to.
- Register at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1630742173670037516
After registering you will receive an e-mail with information and a link to join us the night of the webinar. Please remember that this is a first-come, first-served webinar. Registering does not hold a spot for you. Those that log in first will be admitted to the webinar. If you have problems connecting to the software, be sure to check that your browser software is running the most current version available.
Announcing the 2020 WSGS Webinar Series!
Our 2020 lineup features some of your favorite webinar presenters from the past, as well as a few
new speakers, covering a wide variety of topics on resources you may not have used before, proper research
methodology, and even Swedes!
Announcing the DNA Boot Camp!
WSGS is proud to announce a new series of webinars now available to members on our website, the
DNA Boot Camp Webinar Series
Mary Eberle and Thomas MacEntee
The DNA Boot Camp is a series of 12 webinars giving a basic introduction to genetic genealogy, discussing some of the most popular websites currently being used, and how to use DNA as evidence in your research. The webinars include:
• Introduction to Using DNA for Genealogy Research
• Using Autosomal DNA for Genealogy Research
• GEDMatch — Powerful Tools for Analyzing DNA Results and Finding New DNA Matches
• Combining DNA and Non-DNA Evidence — A Case Study
• Using X-DNA for Genealogical Research
• X-DNA Case Studies
• Interpreting Your AncestryDNA Results
• AncestryDNA Hands-On Exercises
• Intepreting Your FamilyTreeDNA Results
• Interpreting Your 23andMe Results
• Researching Difficult DNA Matches
• Understanding Ethnicity Estimates
To access the DNA Boot Camp, log into your WSGS member account and a link will be available under the Webinars tab.
We hope you enjoy this new membership benefit!
Have you checked out the WSGS Store?
Our Products Make Great Gifts for Your Genealogy Friends and Yourself!
Visit our online store today for these and more WSGS products!
You also can help the Society out by checking out the Support WSGS page!
Find Us on Facebook and Twitter Too!
GoodShop with WSGS
Did you know that you can help raise money for WSGS by simply searching and shopping online through our GoodShop interface? See the GoodShop
page for more details!
PO Box 5106
Madiosn, WI 53705-0106